Ron’s Pharmacy Services is upgrading its pharmacy operating system to one that will ultimately benefit facilities and their residents. Over a six-month period that began on October 1, Ron’s Pharmacy will transition its customers from the legacy operating system, ProScript, to Framework, the pre-eminent software used for institutional pharmacies in the US.
To maintain the quality of service we provide to our customers, we deemed it best to spread the transition over this six-month period, which should be seamless with everyone’s cooperation. Two things to keep in mind:
- Some forms may appear differently to those of you still using paper MARs, etc.
- Four our customers who are cycle-fill: we will be transitioning to a 28-day cycle to provide some consistency on how and when your cycles are delivered.
Once complete, this transition will make the following possible for you and your staff:
- Online admitting and discharging of residents
- Online ordering of refills
- Online visibility and maintenance of resident medication profiles
- Online price checks
- Improved integration with current eMAR’s and the addition of several others
- Status of orders – where they are in processing and when you can expect delivery
- Review of facility and/or resident bills
We will reach out to each group of facilities prior to their scheduled transfer to communicate additional information regarding the transition (new fax numbers, etc.), and answer any questions they may have. Until then, if you have any questions, please contact Stacy Ambler, Customer Relations Coordinator at 858-652-6912.
Our staff members are very excited about this change, and we have spent a considerable amount of time training our various departments on the new system. We have a lot of work ahead, but we are confident that this change will elevate the quality of care we provide to all of our customers.